Birthday Makeup - For A Day To Night Look


It was my birthday last week, which inspired me to write a blog on Birthday makeup that is understated enough for the pub but also made up enough that I feel comfortable transitioning to a more vibrant evening.

I started with Clinique‘Better skin’ foundation in colour Ivory 3. I’ve been trialling out a tester because I have sensitive skin and always like to test a foundation before I buy. From my experience most concession brands give out testers so you can try them out on your skin before splashing out on a quality product. This gave me a dewy, flawless base that lasted all day and well into the evening. I then used Maybelline Fit Me concealer in colour 10. I applied this under the eyes, on the sides of my nose and on the areas with blemishes. As I’m lazy, I used my Real Techniques Buffing brush which made the application of both my foundation and concealer quick and easy.
Moving onto the eyes, I went for a defined brow using the Anastasia Brow Definer in medium brown (I have mousey brown hair and fair skin so always try to find a matching colour for my eyebrows). I used The ProfessionalMatt Rescue eye primer from Benefit on my eyelids. Because my skin type is quite dry, this primer just makes my skin look flat. I just couldn’t bear to throw it away and I love multi using products- if it doesn’t work in one area they may be perfect in another. This was perfect as my eyelids can get very greasy meaning my liquid eyeliner doesn’t stay put, but this primer worked perfectly as a matt base.
I kept my eyeshadow nude and simple, using L’orealMagnif’eyes eye contouring pallet + Spectrum Crease blending brush in C06. I used the lightest shade all over with the sponge applicator, then the second lightest shade and the brown to define the crease on each eye. Using Ciat’eLondon ‘Fierce Flicks’ felt eyeliner pen I created a cat eye look which I’m in a constant battle to perfect it. The mascara I went for was Benefit RollerLash, as it is my favourite budget beauty product this month at £5.
Onto the contour, I used Bourjois Bronzing Powder in the hollow of my cheeks to give my cheek bones more definition and over my temples through to my jaw line to give my face a bronzed glow. I then used Benefit Blusher in Dandelion to give my cheeks a pop of colour to give me a rosy healthy complexion.
When it comes to the summer I like to have dewy skin that looks bright and healthy all day long and High Beam liquid highlighter fromBenefit is the best highlighter I’ve come across as it compliments almost every skin type as well as being subtle. I use this over the tops of my cheek bone, in the inner corner of my eyes and over my cupids bow.
Finally onto the lips; Lipstick and Lip liner Hybrid- ‘They’reReal’ Double the lip in Lusty Rose and Beyond Sexy. This is a new concept that Benefit has brought to the market where you can have Lipstick and liner all in one product, which I think is a genius idea. Personally I am not a fan of bright lipsticks on myself and this lipstick compliments my skin tone well by giving my lips a neutral reddish/pink tint. And as a lipstick and lip liner hybrid I would say it did make my lips look fuller and defined as if a pencil lip liner had been used. Although it did not last all day and I did have to reapply, I would say it lasted around 3 hours before reapplication which is pretty good considering I was drinking Prosecco.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Wardrobe On A Budget

The Ordinary – An Honest Review about the range from “The Abnormal Beauty Company”- Deciem.