The Ordinary – An Honest Review about the range from “The Abnormal Beauty Company”- Deciem.

I have a bit of an obsession with beauty products. I am constantly looking for the next best skincare to test out and I love to try new products. Around 4 weeks ago, I stumbled upon “The Ordinary”, a mindful skincare range with a focus on simplicity. After testing out their range for 4 weeks, I thought I’d share my thoughts, and give an honest review of the effects of these products on my skin.

3 Skincare Products From The OrdinaryBefore I begin, I should mention my skin type to put things into context. I have dry, sensitive and slightly dehydrated skin that has the occasional monthly break out. The products I tested are for my skin type so may have different effects on different skin types.

The simplistic packaging reflects the content of the products; no thrills, just the basic, most effective ingredients. The products contain some of the highest concentrated and scientifically-recognised ingredients in the beauty market and are sold at a low market price. For me, this puts a lot of the high-end brands who put their prices up, to shame.

My skincare routine for the last 4 weeks:


1)    The hyaluronic acid 2%+B5 Serum (every morning).

2)    The Natural Moisturizing Factors +HA Moisturiser (Every morning and evening, used after Serum).

3)    The Niacinamide10% and Zinc1% serum (Used before bed as a night-time treatment). *Please note this product shouldn’t be used in conjunction of any products that contain Vitamin C. The main reason why I use this as a night-time treatment is because my foundation contains Vit C (Bourjois-Healthy Mix)


Results

·         Noticeable increase in skin moisture- my skin feels softer and smoother on a daily, with  less flaky dry skin around my T-Zone

·         An increase in luminosity in my skin. I feel more confident using less foundation every day.

·         Noticeable reduction in redness and itchiness in the morning.

·         A significant reduction in skin blemishes around my jawline and an even skin tone.

·         Spots drying out quicker and healing considerably overnight.

·         The only negative I have about the products is that both serums became slightly tacky on my skin around the 2 ½  weeks of use. This can feel slightly uncomfortable and sticky until they are fully absorbed (which can take between 5-10mins).


For me, these products have transformed my skin in 4 weeks. One of the key reasons I couldn’t recommend this brand enough, is because it’s so affordable and is a simple, reliable brand that anyone can use. This is a realistic skincare regime that won’t break the bank. The Ordinary is definitely going to be causing some hype over the coming months for these reasons. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Wardrobe On A Budget

Birthday Makeup - For A Day To Night Look